Cooking over an open fire simply adds an aesthetic kick to your camping fun. This renders you a lifetime experience that you can cherish for the rest of your life. Once you’re out there camping, you should never forgo this amazing shot of experience.
However, whether you know it or not, cooking over a stove and cooking over an open fire are not the same thing. Because of the extreme conditions and intense heat of an open fire, you’ll be needing particular cookware designed for open fire cooking.
To save your time, we’ve put together a list of the best camping cookware for open fire below. So, without further ado, go through them and find the one you prefer.
Top 7 Camping Cookware for Open Fire 2022
1. MalloMe Camp Cookware Set
[amazon box=”B01743BX1A” title=”MalloMe Camp Cookware Set”]
The MalloMe Camp Cookware set is such an unmatched option that swayed us to put it on the top of our list. This set of cookware will make your open-fire cooking a breeze. You’ll be thrilled to know that even if this is your first time open fire cooking, you’re good to go with this set; you’ll have no trouble utilizing it over that scorching open fire.
To further your thrill, let us tell you that this set functions perfectly over all sorts of stoves alongside over open fire. That means that even if the weather gets gloomy, you don’t have to worry, you don’t have to wait for the weather to improve, you just get into the tent and use your indoor burner to finish cooking the dish.
When it comes to its quality, words will fall short to propound its durability; simply put, it is built to last forever. Besides, each of the set’s components is made of non-toxic materials. The accompanying pot and pan are made of anodized aluminum, which leads to quick heat and burn-free cooking.
The heat-resistant handles are also there to ensure you’re safe while tackling the cookware over that wild open fire. Heat-insulating wooden spatula makes everything more convenient, thanks to the MalloMe engineers. What’s more is that this set also imparts you feasting bowl and spoon, in fact, a cleaning sponge!
So, you know when you get this model, you won’t have to carry any additional items for your cooking or feasting concerns, such a relief, right?
- Nonstick Pot
- Pot Cover
- Nonstick Pan
- 2 Bowls
- Folding Stainless Steel Spork
- Soup Spoon
- Wooden Spoon Spatula
- Cleaning Sponge
- Nylon Travel Bag Drawstring Pouch
- User-friendly design – the included components in this set have been expertly designed to ease your open fire cooking game. The anodized metal pot and pan with heat-resistant handles are the stars of this set.
- All-in-one option – the set meticulously packs everything you could need while cooking over an open fire. Additionally, it also includes serving bowls, spoons, and even a sponge for cleaning purposes.
- Versatile – design to work perfectly over any kind of stove as well as over an open fire.
- Long-lasting – its promising and heavy-duty build makes each of the components of this set highly durable and long-lasting.
- Compact – this set comprises 10 components that are wisely designed to fit into a smaller space.
- Short handle spatula – since the spatula’s handle is pretty short, the heat may come into contact with your hand when stirring.
- No lid lifter – lid lifter allows you to remove the lid from a safe distance, unfortunately, this set doesn’t carry any lid-lifter.
Best for: campers who are looking to get an all-in-one option at an affordable price without having to compromise the quality.
Read more: The 7 Best Camping Cookware for Family 2022
2. Stansport Cast Iron Cookware Set
[amazon box=”B001XUS6AC” title=”Stansport Cast Iron Cookware Set”]
Stansport Cast Iron Cookware set takes the second spot on our list with its impressive inclusions. When talking about the individual components, the cast iron pan should be talked about first. It is the perfect vessel to fry your desired foods in. Apart from cooking the food, this one also keeps the food warm. This is all thanks to the universal lid.
Moving from the pan, the Dutch oven is also worth it, it is a good choice for hanging on top of the fire. It is everything that a classic dutch oven should have. Then we have the cast iron lid lifter. It might seem like a small thing but a cast-iron lid can get really hot when kept on top of the fire. They are likely to burn your hands into ashes. This is when this tool comes to your assistance.
You can use this to lift ad remove the universal lid easily. Lastly, it is essential to say that this set is absolutely easy to clean. Without the aid of any soap, you can clean the cast iron using just hot water and a brush.
- 10 inch Fry Pan
- 3 quart Chicken Fryer with universal lid
- 10 inch Dutch Oven
- Dutch Oven Lid Lifter
- Cast Iron Hot Handle Holder
- Lid lifter – this model packs a lid lifter that lets you lift and remove the pot’s lid from a safe distance easily.
- Even heat – as the set is made up of high-quality iron, it is able to spread the heat evenly even when the pots are over an open fire.
- High quality – the cast iron used for this cookware set is of great quality and holds maximum durability.
- Keeps warmer – unlike most ordinary pots and pans, this one keeps the food warmer for a much longer time.
- Easy clean – this cast iron can be cleaned off easily without the use of soap, only hot water does the job effortlessly.
- Thin – this iron case is not as thick as any other casting product. It is comparatively very thin.
- Lack of pre-seasoning – the cast iron is not seasoned enough. Due to this, there might be a sticky situation.
Best for: campers who take a special interest in cast iron cookware but also looking for a budget-friendly option.
3. Bruntmor Camping Cooking Set
[amazon box=”B01MY7VXXL” title=”Bruntmor Camping Cooking Set”]
Up next, we have this amazing camping cooking set by the famous company Bruntmor. Their equipment is perfect to use for cooking on an open fire even with burning ash. Moreover, the large pot with the lid and recess helps the circulation of the burning ash.
All the items are pre-seasoned and have non-stick surfaces. This enables you to clean the pots without any hassle. Moving on to the components offered in this set, this one has a 7 piece cast iron set. All of them are designed to come in handy over an open fire.
Not to mention, these 7 pieces of cast iron cookware are shaped accordingly to fit into a smaller space. Furthermore, the wooden box makes it much easier when it comes to the portability of the set.
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Dutch Oven Pot
- 20”x9” Heavy-Duty Reversible Cast Iron Griddle
- 6” Trivet
- Dutch Oven Lid Lifter
- Wooden box
- Organized cooking set – the set comes organized within a wooden box, carrying almost everything necessary for an open-fire cooking endeavor.
- Circulation – The inclusion of the large pot with lid and recess help in the circulation of the burning ash.
- Pre-seasoned – as the cast iron is pre-seasoned, there is no scope for your food to stick to the pan.
- Lid Lifter – much like the previous model, this set also includes a lid lifter, so lifting and removing the lids is again convenient for this set.
- Durable – the included components feature incredible durability and promise to serve you in the long run.
- Whopping heavy – the set along with the box weighs over 40 lbs, making it pretty impossible to carry on the shoulder on your camping destination.
- Rustic – when hidden rust forms in this cast iron, it will take much oil to clean that up.
- Breakable – due to the heavy load of the cast iron, the box might have few cracks here and there.
Best for: those families who prefer to have everything organized even when camping on the outskirt, the box will help them with that.
4. Yodo Camping Cookware Set
[amazon box=”B019F6NTUW” title=”Yodo Camping Cookware Set”]
The brand Yodo is providing you with this all-in-one cookware set that is specially designed for the usage of 4-5 people. Weighing about 2.9 lbs, this set packs everything that concerns cooking to relishing the cooked dishes.
Not to forget, their efficiency in portability increases with the use of the advanced foldable handle design. This ensures that you will be able to fold the handles to save up safety when changing spots or even when storing them.
Not to mention, the pots are suitable for cooking over an open fire. Not only that, they are able to resist high temperatures and roughest conditions. You will face absolutely no trouble in doing basic cooking activities like frying and boiling.
- 1 Small Pot
- 1 Medium Pot
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Pan
- 5 Bowls
- 2 Medium Plates
- 1 Large Plate
- 1 Soup Spoon
- 1 Rice Ladle
- 1 Loofah Sponge
- 1 Mesh Storage Bag
- Light-weight – as the pots are made up of aluminum and the plates and bowls from polypropylene they tend to be more on the lighter side than many other options on our list.
- Compact design – Due to the use of advanced foldable handles, the cookware conveniently fits within a small area of 8 x 8 x 5.5-inch.
- Multipurpose – for both indoor and outdoor, you can use this set for multipurpose cooking activities.
- Durable – along with the aluminum pots, the serving plates, and other accessories are also pretty durable.
- Dishwashing – the cookware will get tarnished when put into a dishwasher so dishwashing is not an option for this set.
- Fitting issues – although the handles are foldable, they are not fixed. This means that they will swing around even when you will be trying to lift them off the fire.
- Plastic handles – the handles are made up of plastic which is not the best to use over a fire.
Best for: families who would prefer to utilize the same cookware set both indoors and outdoors.
5. Uno Casa Camping Cookware Set
[amazon box=”B07WX6DDRL” title=”Uno Casa Camping Cookware Set”]
Bringing to you another set of rounded cookware by the trusted company Uno Casa. The brand has produced this cookware keeping your large family members in mind. As the cookware is about 6 qt in volume and 1 inch in diameter, it will surely have the capacity to feed a big family.
When it comes to the material, the quality of the cast iron is beyond any doubt. It will provide you with even cooking on each side of the surface. The main advantage of cast iron is its durability and hazardless maintenance. You will be able to get it shining without putting in much effort.
Not only that, the cast iron is pre-seasoned which absolutely works as an advantage. Apart from the pots, the lid is also an important part of this set. The lids are specially designed to hold hot coals. They will help maintain even temperature control both from the inside and out.
- Cast Iron Pot
- Additional Lid
- Steel Lid Lifter
- Polyester Tote Bag With PVC Backing
- Size – it is quite huge in size which makes it perfect for using for a huge amount of cooking for a large family.
- Dual-function lid – the pot lid is designed to contain hot coals, allowing you to heat your meal from above as well.
- High-quality seasoning – the cast iron pot has high-quality seasoning for imparting a non-sticky performance every time you cook on it.
- Lid Lifter – the model comes with a lightweight lid lifter for easy lifting and removing the lids while being safe and comfortable.
- Pricy – comparatively a pricy option for just a pot.
- Heavy – Weighing about 17 pounds, this cookware is surely not on the lightweight side.
- No accessories – the set just includes one pot, its lid, and a lid lifter. So, you need to purchase the other necessary accessories like a spatula and spoon separately.
Best for: camping groups who don’t will to carry more than one item for cooking purposes; but have a big number of members and need to prepare a considerable amount of food every time.
6. Wealers Camp Cookware Set
[amazon box=”B06W9HZWL3″ title=”Wealers Camp Cookware Set”]
If you’re stalking here for fat-belly pots, then the brand Wealer has something for you. Wealer Cookware brings you a set of fat pots that are meant to suffice your need. The largest pot is 5.5 inches by 9.4 inches, while the smallest measures 3.1 inches x 5.9 inches.
The sizes may lead you to believe that they are not conveniently portable; but to your surprise, the set is designed accordingly to fit together within the space of the largest one. Again, for ease of travel, the set comes in a tote bag, making it easier to transport.
Made of rugged stainless steel, the pots are suitable for open-fire cooking and provide you with evenly cooked dishes every time. Now, if we look into its quality, this set won’t disappoint you. The pots are sturdy and the lids are well made, making your open fire cooking smoke-free and quick.
- 4 Stainless Steel Pots
- 4 Pot Lids
- 1 Travel Tote Bag
- Lardy pots – each of the pots have a large belly, allowing you to cook a large amount at once.
- Strong built – the pots are well built with rugged stainless steel and the fitting of the handles are also pretty strong.
- Durable – the pots are impressively durable, don’t get tapped even after falling from heights.
- Compatible with all stoves — the pots are designed to operate with any sort of stove alongside an open fire.
- Perforated handles – as it has perforated handles it becomes impossible to hold them barehand.
- Pretty heavy – comparatively heavier option on our list, the set weighs around 7.3 lbs.
- No accessories – the set just includes the pots and their lids, leaving out many other essential cooking accessories.
- The risk of rusting – the steel pots start to rust after a certain number of usages.
Best for: large camping groups who’re intending to cook larger amounts together.
7. Texsport Open Fire Grill
[amazon box=”B004XAT4OG” title=”Texsport Open Fire Grill”]
If you have been reading this far looking for a grill suitable for open fire cooking, then your waiting is over. Now, we’ll introduce you to the camper’s favorite grill that is highly rated for its efficiency and performance.
The model is meant to spin 360 degrees and is 24″ L x 16″ W x 17″H. This movement guarantees that your barbecue bakes evenly and correctly. To heat the liquid, simply pour it into a fire-safe pot and place it over the grill; that’s it.
Needless to mention, the grill is incredibly lightweight, making it easy to transport anywhere you go. Camping is never complete without a barbeque, so even if you purchase anything else from our list, we recommend you have this incredibly handy barbecue.
- Barbecue Swivel Grill
- Sturdy built – it impressively holds maximum durability and doesn’t drop its quality over the period.
- Rustproof performance – its rustproof coating assures its rustproof performance for decades to come.
- Rotates 360 degrees – rotates 360 degrees to prevent overcooking on one side and to provide an equally cooked finishing.
- Not the easiest to clean – because you’ll be grilling directly over it, the charred food and spices between the grills are difficult to remove and require thorough cleaning.
- Only suitable for barbeque – the set is only suitable for barbeque, in order to cook or boil anything you’ll be needing to bring a separate cookware item.
- Expensive – for just a barbeque grill, the set is pretty expensive.
- Quite heavy – the set weighs almost 12 lbs, comparatively one of the heaviest options on our list.
Best for: those campers who are into barbeques and looking for a convenient barbeque grill that works well over an open fire.
This article covers the 7 best camping cookware for open fire for your choosing convenience. Among them, the MalloMe Camp Cookware Set is absolutely the best option you can get from the currently available options. The rest options are again pretty competent with many winning qualities. It is now entirely up to you to choose whichever best suits your needs and budget.
Max, a passionate lumberjack and outdoors enthusiast, loves fishing, camping, and hunting. He has extensive experience in the great outdoors and is eager to join Outdoor Fun Mag to share his adventures and knowledge. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, Max promises to bring laughter, learning, and an unforgettable outdoor experience.