Finding the right pair for normal-sized feet stands out to be a challenge since a lot of facts matter. Starting from the support, size, and outsole everything affects. Things turn out even more complicated for hikers who have wide feet be it, men or women. Hence, we have come with a guide to introduce you with the best hiking boots for wide feet for both men and women that have special features so hikers with wide feet can wear them with utmost comfort.
In the end, we have included a buying guide that is for both men and women to follow to reach the correct decision and invest in the right pair of hiking boots. So let us go through an overview of some amazing hiking boots that are comfortable for those who have wide feet.
Best Men’s hiking boots for wide feet:
1. Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot:
- Our White Ledge Men's Hiking Boots have premium full-grain waterproof leather uppers, seam-sealed waterproof...
Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot is built to give hikers who have wide feet very durable performance with the components that it is constructed with. The upper of the boots is made up of full grain leather to ensure that your feet stay away from moisture. These waterproof properties make the hiking boots suitable to be worn during all sorts of seasons.
The top of the hiking boots does consist of lace hardware that is rustproof and strong to ensure that your laces are tied securely. This is necessary to ensure that your wide feet are securely present inside your boots. Once your feet have a snug fit so that there are no chances of getting blisters and you don’t have to pause now and then for tightening your laces.
Since wide feet require great to support the shaft of the hiking boots measures about 4.75 inches in length from the arch. The rubber sole has great coverage at the bottom of the entire hiking boot to ensure that your feet remain protected from getting bruised when you walk over rocky surfaces.
- Comes in a large size range for wide feet hikers to choose from.
- Made of protective waterproof leather.
- Rubber sole with great traction to provide grip.
- Comes in 6 different colors to choose from.
- These hiking boots are not breathable which might become an issue if worn during summertime.
Our thoughts on Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot:
Since hikers with wide feet struggle a lot to get the right size these Our thoughts on Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boots will be a life savior. With the wide size range to select from, you don’t have to compromise and face issues of getting blisters. It is greatly supportive of your wide feet and as well as ankles.
2. Lowa Men’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot:
- Mixed-media hiking boot featuring speed lacing hardware and padded tongue and collar
Lowa Men’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot is designed to give hikers with wide feet great support so they don’t slow down while walking over rocky edges and walk with great speed and determination. For ensuring proper support the hiking boots come with a shaft that is pretty long enough as it is 5 inches in length beginning from the arch.
To ensure that your wide feet have proper cushioning so it does shock absorption efficiently the hiking boot consists of a shank that is made up of nylon and is equal to the full length of the boots. The midsole has a frame made up of polyurethane Monowrap that also contributes to providing proper support to your arch and wide feet.
To make your hiking trip even more comfortable the hiking boots come included with a footbed that ensures your foot stays protected from blisters. The outsole consists if Vibram that does an excellent job in providing great traction and grip so you can wear these hiking boots when it is raining or snowing.
We all know how much the size range matters for those who have wide feet. These hiking boots come with a large size option for those who have wide feet and for slim feet as well. Other than the size, it comes in a large color option to choose from so you will find a pair that meets your sense of style.
- Hiking boots made up of leather and synthetic combined for waterproof properties.
- Comes with heels to help make it easy for hikers to walk on snowy tracks.
- Comes with eyelets made up of metal for durability and secure lacing.
- Comes with a large size and color option to select from.
- Slightly expensive in terms of price.
Our thoughts on Lowa Men’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot:
Hikers who want their hiking boots to have a bit of style and colors then you will love the color options that these Lowa Men’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots have. And yes it has features to support wide feet hikers. The sizes that are available proofs the point even more clearly.
3. Salomon Men’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots:
- A time tested last refined over the years produces an optimal fit; It's designed to work synergistically with...
Salomon Men’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots is for those hikers that go on long hikes and like to conquer adventurous terrains for getting the rush of adrenaline they desire. The outsole consists of two different rubber combined to help users have a strong grip so you can climb mountains and go downhill without any fear of slipping. The patterned area of the shoes ensures to give you a strong grip so you have proper control over yourself while you walk on slippery surfaces with more control.
To ensure that your heels are well stabilized so you don’t slow down even while walking on uneven surfaces the chassis of the hiking boots are well cushioned by foam. This works for shock absorption as well so your feet are well protected from getting bruised. To ensure that the hiking boots have an optimal fit on your feet the top arm of the hiking is reinforced. This helps your feet to stay in place comfortably.
These hiking boots are designed to provide excellent support to someone who has a wide fit. As the shaft that works for support measures mid-top from the arch of the shoe ensuring that your feet stay protected and well supported to make your hiking journey very comfortable.
- The shoes are made up of 100% synthetic leather for waterproof properties.
- Comes available in three different colors to select from.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- The hiking boots come with a footbed sock liner to prevent blisters.
- Some users had complaints about the waterproof liner leaking at times.
Our thoughts on Salomon Men’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots:
If you are a hiker that loves exploring mountains and hills, then these Salomon Men’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots are perfectly suitable for you. The strong grip and traction make it easy and comfortable for you to climb and as well as go downhill. These are the Best hiking boots for wide feet men as well since they have a large size range to offer you.
4. Asolo Men’s Fugitive GTX Hiking Boot:
- The meaning of "V", "GV" and "GTX" in the Asolo style names: V stands for a Vibram outsole, GV stands for...
Asolo Men’s Fugitive GTX Hiking Boot comes with a midsole that is designed uniquely. The midsole is made up of two different elements combined. The first element that it consists of is stiff materials that work for anti-torsion, anti-pronation, and anti-supination. The second material is much softer and it does the job of shock absorption for hikers to walk over rocky surfaces easily.
For beginners, that want to go for hiking boots that seem lightweight and comfortable on their feet can go for these hiking boots. It has a snappy design that adds comfort and does not feel bulky at all. Each hiking boot weighs for only 1.52 lbs. The weight might vary according to the increase or decrease in size. Talking about the size options, it has an amazing range for those who have wide feet.
Other than just the size, it comes with other features as well that make them best hiking boots for wide feet. The outer part of the hiking boots is made up of leather, Cordura, and suede combined. The leather gives the hiking boots waterproof properties and the rest of the components ensure that the hiking boot has a durable construction.
To protect hikers with wide feet the hiking boots consist of thermoplastic that has torsional support to help protect the feet from getting bruised while walking on rough terrains or roads while on long-distance hiking.
- Consists of a Gore-tex lining that is breathable for keeping the feet completely dry and to make the shoes breathable.
- Upper built with good quality Italian leather that is water-resistant.
- Midsole made up of polyurethane for shock abortion and cushioning.
- Comes with durable metal lacing hardware.
- The metal lacing hardware is not rustproof.
Our thoughts on Asolo Men’s Fugitive GTX Hiking Boot:
These Asolo Men’s Fugitive GTX Hiking Boots are a great option for amateur hikers. The way it is built lightweight weight so you don’t slow down while walking with complete determination on the tracks. To add more, if you have wide feet these hiking boots are well supported for that and the size range that it has is impressive as well.
5. KEEN Men’s Gypsum II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot:
- Lace-up hiking boot featuring waterproof nubuck/mesh upper with pull loop at tongue and padded collar
KEEN Men’s Gypsum II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot will keep your feet protected from getting blisters as the skin of your feet will not rub against the lining of the shoes in a very harsh way. To help in providing protection the hiking boots come with a collar that is padded to provide comfort and ensures that your ankle and toes do not get blisters.
The sole is made up of rubber to help provide grip and traction for very determined hikers that don’t want to slow down their pace. This makes the hiking boots suitable for use during all sorts of seasons and even when the terrains are quite difficult and slippery. To add more, the lugged pattern also contributes to providing traction and ensuring a strong grip so you can climb mountains and even go down the hill without much difficulty.
The upper of the hiking boots consists of mesh to help in keeping your feet dry. Anyone who has issues of their feet getting sweaty needs hiking boots that have slight breathability. So this mesh upper will be loved by them. The entire construction of the hiking boots is done with the help of nubuck leather that has waterproof properties as well to help wicking moisture.
- Comes in three different colors to choose from.
- Eyelets are strongly stitched to keep laces secure.
- Comes with a mesh upper for breathability.
- Comes with a rubber outsole that has a lugged pattern for traction.
- Some amount of moisture or water can enter inside the hiking boots because of the mesh.
Our thoughts on KEEN Men’s Gypsum II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot:
Since these KEEN Men’s Gypsum II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots have both breathability and waterproof properties in it, this makes the hiking boots suitable for wearing during all sorts of season. Even if it has a slight disadvantage, as we mentioned, the hiking boots will dry up very quickly if a slight amount of water enters inside.
6. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot:
- M Select DRY seals out water and lets moisture escape so you stay dry when you're on the move
Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot is built to provide you the ultimate protection so you stay safe during your entire hiking trip. The hiking boots consist of a protective toe cap present in the front made up of rubber to ensure that your toes do not get blisters. The heel of the hiking boots will absorb shock as it is air-cushioned inside and also adds more stability to your feet.
The internal part of the hiking boots stays dry the entire time even when you are crossing near any water source. That is because the membrane prevents the entrance of water and lets moisture from the inside escape. For providing support to your wide feet and your high arch the footbed it consists comes with proper support. It is contoured as well to protect from getting blisters.
The outer sole of the hiking boots is made up of Vibram and consists of lugged patterns as well to help provide a determined hiker aggressive traction, strong grip, and stability. For slippery and tough terrains having this feature is essential so there is no risk of getting into any kind of accidents.
- The lug pattern is 5mm thick to provide a strong grip.
- Hiking boots come available in 10 different colors to select from.
- Comes with a breathable mesh lining for internal of the boots to dry out quickly.
- Comes with great size options for wide feet.
- The upper of the hiking boots consists of leather and suede. The suede has a chance of coming off with increasing time and after a good number of uses.
Our thoughts on Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot:
If you want hiking boots that have all the features for ensuring that your feet stay well protected from getting bruised or getting blisters, then you need Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot. The hiking boots are built with durable components so you can enjoy long hikes without any kind of struggles.
Best Women’s Hiking Boots for Wide Feet Reviews:
7. Timberland Women’s White Ledge Mid Ankle Boot:
- You need waterproof hiking boots that can take on any trail conditions. Our White Ledge leather hikers feature...
Timberland Women’s White Ledge Mid Ankle Boot does not only have a large range of size for wide feet but also comes with features to provide proper ankle support. Since we know women have delicate feet compared to that of a man, all the components of the hiking boots are well designed thinking about that.
To add comfort, so any woman can enjoy hiking without any pain, the hiking boots come with tongue and collar that is well padded. For proper cushioning to ensure that their delicate feet don’t get bruised while walking on terrains covered with pointy stones and rocks, the footbed is made up of EVA. The midsole is also made up of EVA that has dual-density for providing cushioning that is pretty lightweight.
The outsole of the hiking boots is made up of rubber for durability. It consists of lugged patterns as well so you can have great traction and grip while walking on slippery surfaces or terrains covered with snow or water. For using the hiking boots during all sorts of seasons, the upper is made up of 100% waterproof leather that will ensure no moisture enters inside.
- Lace hooks of the hiking boots are rustproof for durability.
- Hardware that enables speed lacing and ensures a secure fit.
- Large size option to choose from for wide feet.
- Suitable for use during all sorts of season.
- Does not come available in large color options to choose from.
Our thoughts on Timberland Women’s White Ledge Mid Ankle Boot:
Timberland Women’s White Ledge Mid Ankle Boot is undoubtedly one of the best hiking boots for wide feet suitable for women to wear. The features that it has are surely suitable for providing enough support and proper protection for the delicate feet of a woman. There are no limitations, any woman can set out to conquer a hiking trip during all sorts of seasons wearing these boots.
8. Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot:
- Leather hiking boot with corded lace-up vamp and speed-lacing grommets at top
Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot is built with nubuck leather to help hold your feet in place securely so it does not move around inside the boots. This ensures that much strain is not applied on your delicate feet when you go downhill.
For wide feet and to provide proper stability the midsole of the hiking boots is made up of Monowrap that also helps in reducing the weight of the overall boot so it does not feel like a load on your feet. The outsole of the hiking boot is made up of a Vibram outsole that is quit thick for durability.
Also, it consists of rubber lugs to provide traction and stability to the hiking boots for going on adventurous hiking trips that involve conquering tough terrains. Now with adventurous hiking trips, it is obvious that tough climate situations will be there as your obstacle. For that cause, the hiking boots come with a footbed that helps to keep the internal side dry and cool so your feet are not prone to getting blisters.
Furthermore, the lining of the hiking boots enables air to enter inside to help keep away moisture and to ensure that your feet dry up very quickly making it comfortable for you. For variety sizes of feet be it wide or not the hiking boots come with derby style lacing to help the hiking boots fit in a customized way. To provide proper support, balance, and stability the shank is made up of nylon that covers full length.
- Comes with hardware made of metal for durability and secure lacing.
- Tongue and collar of the hiking boots are well padded for preventing blisters.
- Gore-Tex membrane helps in wicking away moisture to keep the internal part of the boot dry.
- Comes available in 5 different colors to choose from.
- Slightly expensive in terms of price.
Our thoughts on Timberland Women’s White Ledge Mid Ankle Boot:
If you want hiking boots that are worth the price you are paying for and will last you for very long, then you can get these Timberland Women’s White Ledge Mid Ankle Boots. Even if it is slightly expensive in terms of price it is surely worth it since it comes with amazing functionality.
9. Vasque Women’s Talus Trek UltraDry Hiking Boot:
- Mid-cut hiker featuring thick waterproof nubuck leather with ghillie lacing and breathable mesh underlays
Vasque Women’s Talus Trek UltraDry Hiking Boot will keep your feet dry so you can walk over wet terrains and even while it is snowing without any worries. We all know that wet feet are prone to getting blisters. Keeping that in mind the hiking boots consist of UltraDry waterproofing system, which helps in wicking away moisture and keep the internal side dry.
The entire boot is made up of waterproof nubuck leather that is not only durable but also ensures to keep away moisture. To keep your feet in place and well secured to ensure that it does not move around so you don’t face any kind of incidents the hiking boots come with ghillie lacing. The mesh underlays are made breathable so your feet dry up very quickly if you have sweating issues or if water enters inside accidentally.
To add comfort, so you don’t feel pain or strain on your feet the hiking boot comes with a footbed that is made of EVA foam. The foam does the job of cushioning as well for shock absorption so you can walk over rocky terrains without any fear. The midsole is made up of molded polyurethane that provides support and ensures that your feet stay well balanced.
To provide traction and strong grip so there are no limitations to where you can walk or travel the outsole of the hiking boots consists of Vibram. The sole consists of lugged patterns as well which helps in providing grip and traction. The hiking boots come available in three different colors to choose from and a wide range of size that is suitable for women with wide feet to wear on.
- Tongue and collar of the hiking boots come with proper padding for adding comfort.
- Comes with a strong Vibram outsole with great traction.
- The hiking boots are made up of nubuck leather that helps in wicking away moisture.
- Breathable underlays that ensure the internal part of the boot dries up very quickly.
- The hiking boots do not come with metal lacing hardware which is slightly in terms of durability.
Our thoughts on Vasque Women’s Talus Trek UltraDry Hiking Boot:
If you want a pair of hiking boot that has excellent moisture wicking capability, then you should go for Vasque Women’s Talus Trek UltraDry Hiking Boots. These boots come with excellent features to help in keeping away moisture making your hiking trip very comfortable.
10. Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boot:
Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boots are for those adventurous ladies that want to experience trill but with proper safety. The sole is made up of two different types of rubber combined to let users have a strong and more intense grip on very slippery surfaces. This is to let you enjoy adventure and thrill even during tough weather conditions when it is raining or snowing.
For ensuring stability and balance the chassis is designed asymmetrically. We all know the importance of balance and stability for having a safe and enjoyable hiking experience. To add more, thinking about how delicate the woman’s feet is the hiking boot is designed to keep the feet in place even while doing technical descents. This is to ensure stability and safety so that no one gets to experience any kind of sprain.
The hiking boot is made up of 100% synthetic leather that wicks away moisture. This ensures to prevent slippage so you don’t get into accidents or feel uncomfortable during your hiking trip. To add more, the hiking boots come available in 5 different colors to choose from for those ladies who want their hiking boots to have a touch of style and pop of colors.
- Great shaft length that measures mid-top from arch to provide support.
- Comes with lugged patterns for traction and strong grip.
- Strong and durable laces to hold feet in a proper position.
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty from the manufacturer.
- The hiking boot does not have any sort of breathability which makes it slightly problematic for those who have sweaty feet.
Our thoughts Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boot:
With the great functionality and the color options that these Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boots has to offer we surely think it is one of the best hiking boots for wide feet. The features that provide stability and balance are what that is making it a great choice.
11. Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot:
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning,...
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot comes with features that allow you to adjust the laces so it custom fits your feet and hold it in place securely. To add more, the hiking boot is made up of suede leather to add durability to ensure that it lasts you long enough and takes on all the pressure of tough climate on various hiking trips.
The tongue of the hiking boot consists of a mesh pattern that ensures breathability to help your feet dry up very quickly if it gets sweaty or wet because of some sort of reason. To add more, the leather that it is built with full-grain leather that is completely impermeable to water making it a great hiking boot to be used during winters or when it is raining.
For hikers that are not stoppable from getting thrilled even during tough seasons when it rains or snows the hiking boot consist of a great traction system. The outsole has a winter tread pattern that consists of dual-zone to ensure that your feet have a solid grip on surfaces that are covered with ice or snow.
Other than all of these amazing features you get amazing color options and size options as well for selecting the one that fits your taste perfectly. The shaft of the hiking boot is 5 inches in length from arch giving enough coverage to ensure that the hiking boot provides proper support and stability to the delicate feet of a woman or to anyone who has wide feet.
- Provides great cushioning for shock absorption to prevent feet from getting bruised.
- Comes available in great color combinations and sizes.
- Mesh upper for breathability and to ensure that the feet remain dry.
- Comes with great grip and traction system to ensure stability and comfort while walking on tough surfaces.
- The ankle part of the hiking boots is not well padded which can result in skin peeling because of rubbing.
Our thoughts Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot:
If you are looking for hiking boots that look sleek and stylish with various color combinations, then these Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boots will be a great choice to invest in. These hiking boots come in 10 different color combinations to choose from and as well as have various sizes to select from making it easy for hikers to wear on.
12. Salomon Women’s X Ultra 3 MID GTX W Hiking Boots:
- These shoes are specifically designed for a woman’s anatomy; It holds your foot in place even during...
Salomon Women’s X Ultra 3 MID GTX W Hiking Boots is all about providing support to the delicate feet of a woman so they can enjoy their hiking trips with great comfort. The hiking boots consist of footbed that adds comfort and support so your feet do not get sprained or you suffer because of something like that.
The outsole is made up of Vibram to provide excellent traction while walking on tough terrains that are slippery because of rain or snow. Vibram outsole is great in terms of durability as well to provide heavy performance during long and difficult hikes. Stability is another great feature that is achieved because of the Vibram outsole so you can walk down or uphill without any difficulty.
To ensure that you don’t get fatigued while walking because of the hiking boots feeling heavy, the boots feel pretty lightweight and does have proper cushioning. The cushioning reduces stress on your feet to ensure that you don’t slow down. Also, it does great shock absorption so your feet do not get bruised while walking on rocky surfaces.
- Comes with mesh lining that is breathable to ensure that feet inside the hiking boots dry up quickly.
- Large size options to select from also for wide feet.
- Not very expensive in terms of price.
- Well-cushioned heel area for reducing stress on the feet.
- The upper of the hiking boot consists of suede which can easily get worn out.
- Comes available in two different colors only.
Our thoughts Salomon Women’s X Ultra 3 MID GTX W Hiking Boots:
Salomon Women’s X Ultra 3 MID GTX W Hiking Boots are surely great if you are looking for an affordable option. However, the lacing eyelets, the suede upper, and the color options did not seem much impressive. You can opt for these boots if you want something comfortable, breathable and not much expensive.
Buying Guide for Best Hiking Boots for Wide Feet: Men’s & Women’s
When you just have to buy hiking boots you need to keep a lot of factors in mind. But, when you have wide feet you have to take and extra caution while choosing your hiking boots by keeping some features in mind. So to help you out so you get the best hiking boots for wide feet we have included this very helpful buying guide. Getting to know the features and keeping them in the head will ensure that you invest money in the right pair of hiking boots.
Hiking boots should be strong and sturdy but not very heavy that you feel fatigued while walking aggressively on terrains. That can result in back pain due to walking with heavy load on your feet.
However, make sure that even if your hiking boots are lightweight they have a durable construction if you have wide feet and you go on long hikes. For hikes that are small and easy getting lighter boots will not cause any issue.
Since wide feet take up a great amount of space inside the hiking boots it becomes more prone to getting blisters and the chances increase even more if the feet are wet. Also, it is difficult for the internal side of the hiking boots to dry up quickly since much space does not remain inside. Hence, the hiking boot you select must have waterproof properties.
The upper should be made up of material that is water repellant like full-grain leather. Other than just for blisters, waterproof properties are important so you are comfortable while wearing your hiking boots. Also, for enjoying your hiking trip even when it rains or snows or you have terrains that are covered up with water.
If you don’t buy the right size of the hiking boot that you liked, it will go completely in vain. Just for people with normal feet, they must get hiking boot that is a bit larger than their normal size for any other regular shoe. So people with wide feet need to look up for available size options that are specially for them so they don’t face any sort of issues later on.
Hikers with wide feet need great stability and support for conquering difficult terrains with ease. Difficult terrains can consist of rocks or can even be pretty slippery. So to avoid any sort of accidents like falling off or getting sprains in their ankles it is necessary for having hiking boots that have great stability.
For ensuring that your wide feet stay comfortable you need to get hiking boots that have proper cushioning. The cushioning ensures that your hiking boots are great at shock absorption to easily let you walk over rocky surfaces.
1. What are the best boots for wide feet?
Ans: The best hiking boots for wide feet will have all the important features that we mentioned in the buying guide. Go through our buying guide very carefully and we assure you that you will select the best hiking boots for wide feet.
2. What brand shoes are good for wide feet?
Ans: Brands that provide proper size options for wide feet are the good ones. And the hiking boots that we have listed above are the good ones since they provide proper size options and great features.
3. Should I buy a size bigger for hiking boots?
Ans: Yes, you need to get a size bigger for your hiking boots if you have wide feet. Since the feet will take up a great amount of room size if it is wide.
4. Should my toes touch the end of my boots?
Ans: No, if your toes touch the end of your hiking boots then it is not the right size. There should be a proper amount of room inside the hiking boot so that your toe does not get blisters.
To sum up, we hope we have made the struggles of hikers with wide feet a lot easier by introducing you with the best hiking boots for wide feet in the market. Just go through the details of our buying guide as well to help in making the right decision so you invest your money in the right pair of hiking boots. You will no longer have issues or difficulties of your hiking boots fitting you in the future because of having wide feet.