Are you planning for a summer camping trip? Then, your first priority should be opting for a suitable tent to cope up with the shimmering weather that summer brings. Otherwise, you’ll have to burn in the heat while sinking in the ocean of sweat whenever you stay inside the tent. If you don’t want to fall victim to this horrible situation, let us confirm that you’ve come to the right place!
To this end, we’ve rounded up a list of the best tents for hot weather by scouring the current market thoroughly. That’s not all, we’ve also shared a relevant buying guide to help you narrow down your pick. So, without tattling any further, let’s get straight to business.
Best Hot Weather Tents for Summer Camping: Top 9 Reviewed
1. Coleman BlackOut Technology Camping Tent
- One big blackout bedroom: With 99% of daylight being blocked out from the bedroom you will be sure to get a...
The Coleman BlackOut Technology Tent tops our curated list with its unmatched collaboration of advanced function, ergonomic features, and superior quality. Thanks to Coleman engineers, the model literally includes everything that one may expect to have in a tent, especially with hot weather in mind. Its avant-garde BlackOut technology effectively blocks 99% of sun rays and lends you a shady and comfortable space to let you unwind after your day-long camping haul.
The model’s inner layer is made of breathable polyester with the unique incorporation of no-see-um mesh that truly takes the highest care of the ventilation. The outer fabric of the model is then strengthened with Coleman’s unique UVGuard technology to combat damaging ultraviolet radiation whilst maintaining SPF 50 protection on all sides. On top, the thoughtfully added screen windows besides the front door maximize the air passing ensuring that you never feel suffocated inside.
Moreover, the abundance of airflow additionally soothes the existing temperature of your tent. Then again, the removable high-performance rainfly with an imposing 4500mm waterproof rating also works as a sunshade to assure you do just fine even under the dazzling sun. The model also promises to remain 5°C cooler than the outside weather at any time of the day. What else would you ask in a summer tent? We think this model is just perfect!
- Designed with SPF 50+ protection
- The BlackOut Technology ensures minimal sunray penetration into the tent
- The added UVGuard technology protects the tent against harmful UV rays
- The internal no-see-um mesh layer ensures perfect ventilation with zero humidity
- The given removable rainfly with 4500mm HH also work as a sunshade
- Built-in screen windows ensure better airflow while reducing the temperature
- Boasts sturdy and wind-responsive constructions with neatly taped seams
- The inclusion of a porch lets you admire nature while staying under the shade
- The riser PE groundsheet brings you a moisture-free tenting experience
- Contains roomy storages where you can store camping gear to muddy boots
- Features only one door
2. WolfWise Sun Shelter Tent with Extended Zipper
- Easy Setup & Super Stable: The specially designed spring opening system shows the industry-leading level...
Next up, we’ve another impressive model WolfWise Sun Shelter Tent. This tent is deftly made with rainproof polyester fabric with an exclusive silver coating that effectively blocks all the unwelcoming UV rays. Alongside blocking the sunrays to heat up the tent, the added silver layer induces a cool pacifying ambiance inside the tent. Again, to bring homely comfort in your tent the model features spot on ventilation. Along with three oversized windows, the model comes with front doors that are designed to be fully opened to allow for heat dissipation.
Not to mention, that each of these three windows has a one-of-a-kind dappled mesh layer that keeps the bugs out while allowing air to pass freely. The mesh layer is also furthered to provide shade, preventing the blazing sun rays from bothering you. The tent’s height is again 6.7″, whopping enough to allow for easy air circulation while assuring that you never feel claustrophobic inside. Again, this may pique your attention that this tent involves a completely effortless installing process. And, this is also true for dismantling as well.
- Designed with UPF 50+ protection
- Included 3 wide windows ensures perfect ventilation
- Built with high-quality and tear-resistance material
- The mesh layers ensure outright air flow while keeping the bugs out
- The well-insulated groundsheet ensures that the floor remains cool at all times
- Fully open front doors maximize ventilation while allowing heat dissipation
- Offers effortless as well as quick installation and dismantling
- Contains multiple organizer mesh pockets and an overhead storage pocket
- Also includes a top hanging hook for hanging lights or mini fans
- Doesn’t come with a rainfly
- Zippers aren’t rustproof
3. Easthills Instant Shader Camping Tent
- EXTRA LARGE. The Instant Shader Deluxe XL is one of the biggest sun shelters for your whole family. 99" W x...
The model Easthills Instant Shader Camping Tent is a true charmer and never misses to catch avid camper’s attention! From its fabric’s quality to its design, everything is inch-perfect to call it one of the best tents for hot weather. It is made of 185T polyester with a combination of UPF 50+ protection that successfully blocks 97.5% of unsafe UV rays. As a result, even when the sun is shining fiercely, you may enjoy a sense of coolness while relaxing inside. What amazes us most is that the given windows provide a 360-degree view around the area aside from just being the source of ventilation. Then, again we must thank the special 120g PE flooring that keeps you from hot or damp ground, which ensures you stay cold and comfortable when nestling inside. Another, silver lining of this model is it promises instant installation before even a mere minute, which explains how easy it is to set up! Again, its widely open door is another perk of this model that maximizes ventilation, in addition, to let you admire the landscape while laying on your tent.
- Designed with UPF 50+ protection
- Included windows provide 360-degree view beside supporting ventilation
- A widely open front door extends ventilation and reduces the humid level
- Strong frame and tear-resistant fabric promises long service life
- The front porch lends space for resting plus assures additional security when zipped up
- The special 120g PE flooring keeps you from hot or damp ground
- Offers effortless and fast installation with a few seconds
- Contains multiple organizer mesh pockets and an overhead storage pocket
- Dismantling is a bit tricky
- No rainfly or sunshade sheet is added
4. Kratax Pop Up Camping Tent
- 【UV Sun Protection】: The beach tent is lined with a UPF 50+ UV protective material to provide you and your...
Our next model packs relatively the same range of UV resistance and ventilation facility like the previous models to back you up during scorching summer days. But the feature that stands out the most for this tent is its innovative pop-up design. Weighing only 2 pounds, it only takes a second to open this tent and three seconds to fold it back! This may bring you to question its stability, but for your assurance, the model comes with 6 metal studs attached to it to keep the tent safely weighed onto the ground. The model also features an exclusive silver-coated layer that contains sun-guard elements to keep your family safe from harmful ultraviolet rays. The mesh fabric on this tent also happens to be waterproof to save you from a humid ambiance. Besides, what elevates the ventilation and staying comfort of this model is its rear mesh window and widely openable door. While ensuring sufficient airflow these opening maintains a coolness inside your tent.
- Designed with UPF 50+ protection
- Promises odorless performance
- Manufactured with a wind-responsive frame
- Comes with a double-dense interwoven mesh layer
- Built to international standards with non-toxic materials
- Features exclusive rear mesh window
- The widely open-door design elevates ventilation
- Backed by a one-year money return warranty
- Doesn’t contain any storage pocket
- The price tag is relatively high
5. FBSPORT Sun Shelter Camping Tent
- Beach Tent UPF 50+: Sun protection for all-day shade at the park,beach,sporting event or just relaxing in the...
Here’s another beach tent on our list that does a great job providing protection against the sun without requiring a splurge. Offering the right amount of privacy, this portable tent makes it a perfect companion for camping, hiking, or fishing. It has a collapsible roller blind with double zippers, which can be sealed every time you need privacy. The silver clad fabric gives anti-UV effects all day long all the while providing full coverage for the entire clan. If you are all about keeping the tent neat and tidy, built-in large pockets on the panels will help you with that. The mesh window allows ample ventilation to keep the tent cool and prevent insects from getting inside. But the best part about this tent has to be its extended front floor. You can easily roll it out to host a picnic by the beach.
- Designed with UPF 50+ protection
- Silver coated layer ensures full coverage Anti-UV ray protection
- The model is made with non-toxic environment-friendly materials
- Features automatic pop up design and opens all alone within a few sec
- The extended front floor lets you play outside without sitting on the hot ground
- Roll up window extends the ventilation facility
- The model can be folded into a minimalistic size and carried with one hand
- Not the easiest one to fold
- The tent poles are pretty fragile
6. HEWOLF Auto Pop-Up Tent
- Easy Set Up: Open the package,throw this camping tent in the air, watch it open itself in seconds. No need to...
Yet another auto pop-up tent made it to our list for its top-notch quality. Users all over the world rave about HEWOLF tents for their sleek designs, this one is no exception. Featuring an Army Green hue, it has robust shatter-proof fiberglass construction. Made with the finest of materials, it also does a great job shielding against sun rays and rain. Thanks to its double layer of doors and windows, the high-quality inner mesh design ensures optimum airflow while keeping the bugs out.
With an ABS hook on the center top of the tent, hanging up camping lanterns, and keeping small items organized becomes a breeze. Multiple small storage pockets scattered around the tent also come in handy to store phones and wallets. And when it comes to carrying this tent around, it is as easy as it can get. Folding the tent inside the dark green round storage bag, you can carry it anywhere you want while adding a sense of style to your appearance!
- Packs moderate UV ray protection
- Installation requires zero effort as it is designed to pop up automatically
- High-density B3 mesh doors and windows assure maximum airflow
- Doors’ gate can be used as an awning for extra sunshade
- Fully taped seams to prevent rainwater from getting in
- Packs a central hanging hook and multiple internal pockets
- Offers a year of warranty
- The fabric isn’t tear-resistant
- Tent poles prone to break if pressed hard
7. Zenph Anti-UV Camping Tent
- 3 Seconds Auto-Opening - The automatic opening of a tent is like a magic trick. It only needs to be thrown in...
The auto-opening of this tent is nothing short of magic. Without having to go through any complicated configuration steps, this tent can be set up in the blink of an eye! The entire tent features a water-resistant PU coating, which is far more capable of waterproofing than rubber and other materials. The mesh windows are made of high-density B3 mesh fabric and durable bilateral zippers to allow ventilation and privacy. The design of the 3D ventilation system speeds up the evaporation of the air and promotes double ventilation. On top, you will have the liberty to open the windows and doors allowing the breeze to come across and turn them off from both inside and outside when the sun gets too strong. All ventilation panels in the tent are constructed of B3 gauze material which does an incredible job keeping the mosquitos and all sorts of insects out.
- Comes cladded with sufficient UV ray protection
- Features auto opening system and takes less than 3 seconds to open
- Manufactured with high-density B3 mesh fabric for optimum ventilation
- The added windows and doors have both external and external gate
- Features a unique 3D ventilation system to boost up your saying comfort
- 100% waterproof and can withstand mild rain to heavy snow fall
- Includes a storage pocket for your further convenience
- Durability isn’t the best
- Doesn’t contain any rainfly
8. OneTigris Backwoods Ultralight Camping Tent
- BACKWOODS BUNGALOW 2.0 Version: Classical bakers tent that made with 75D Ripstop Nylon fabric, waterproof...
Our last pitch, OneTigris Backwoods Ultralight Tent might not be the best call for summer tenting, but this can be a great pick if you want to avoid having to buy a tent for each season. The model is made with 75D Ripstop Nylon with a watertight level of 3000mm. So, with having this above your head you’ve got nothing to worry about heavy downpour or snow falling. Besides, its nifty construction and light green color ensure it soaks the least summer warmth inside and leaves a comfy ambiance for you. Also, it packs an awning that brings added sunshade for the tent. For the ventilation concern, this model packs a rear mesh door along with a mini flap to confirm adequate airflow. To top it all, both doors are designed to be closed perfectly, so be it the rainwater or chilly wind, nothing can pass through them.
- Carries a waterproof level of 3000mm
- The added awning provides the necessary sunshade
- The inclusion of a rear mesh door and a mini flap confirm adequate ventilation
- The sturdy frame guarantees perfect stability during all-natural calamity
- Comes with a light attachment point
- It might take a while to set this tent up
- The fabric doesn’t contain any UV-ray protection elements
- Doesn’t contain any windows
9. Glymnis Hydraulic Sun Shelter
No products found.
Here comes another gem of a model that you can never go wrong with when your goal is to protect yourself from burning sun rays. The incorporation of high-end weather-resistant elements along with an exclusive silver layer of UPF 50+ reflects 99% sunray back to the sky right away. This technology keeps the tent inside cooler than the outside ambiance, yet the expertly added openings bring more luxury into the tent. To your amusement, the model includes a unique zipper curtain besides its two convenient mesh windows.
So, with this, you not only get to open the door entirely and admire nature along with its blissful breeze, but also get to unzip a curtain that can double the said pleasure truly. So, now that you know about the number of vents the tent owns, we don’t think we need to exaggerate any furthermore on its ventilation’ efficiency. Anyway, if you intend to bring a tiny fan with you to reduce inside heat, look no further as this model is the one you need. Sadly, not all tents contain a fan hanging hook, while this model will provide you with a hook that is also hung in a great location – from where the fan will get to work effectively while blowing calming air at all corners of the tent.
- Designed with UPF 50+ protection
- Features special hydraulic spring design
- The silver layer prevents 99% of sunray
- Zipper curtain extends its efficiency to another height
- The mesh windows ensure perfect ventilation while blocking the bugs
- Multifunction door opening can be also be used a front porch
- The fabric hoards perfect combination of water, sun, and tear-resistance
- Notably light-weight and easy to set up in a minute
- Contains hidden pockets for securely storing important items
- Includes a central hanging hook for hanging mini fans/light
- Doesn’t come with a rainfly
Buying Guide for Best Hot Weather Tents for Summer Camping
Buying a tent isn’t something that you do regularly so it is important to recognize what you need in a tent. Additionally, when you are buying tents for hot weather you should be cautious regarding the involvement of few specific characteristics in your tent. To ease up your buying process we jotted the essential features to keep in mind for the optimum buying experience.
Material: One of the most significant features to keep in mind while buying tents is the material that the tent is made up of. How your tent interacts with the scorching sunshine mostly depends upon your tent material. A breathable tent is always something in demand in hot weather. Now, most of the tents are made up of nylon or polyester which are not the most breathable materials but they are light weighted and cheaper compared to other materials. Canvas and cotton are materials that deal well with the heat well and allow breathability. They will keep the inside of the tent cool for you. But due to their weight and high cost, they are not always the first choice of people. 3-season tents that are usually made up of nylon are the top purchase of campers. Now, if the tent becomes really heavy for you to lift it will turn out to be an unwanted hazard so better go with the typical option unless you have a big budget and a few helping hands to set the camp.
UV Resistance Level: Ultra-violet rays aren’t good for us as they can provoke skin cancer. Sunscreen is something that you don’t always have on you so to avoid the ultraviolet rays from causing any harm you would want to buy a tent that protects you from these rays. In the scorching sun, the amount of UV radiation is not safe, nylon and polyester don’t have the chemical properties to prevent these from entering the tent. SO, do keep in mind what to prioritize as your safety is always in your own hands.
Ventilation and Airflow: Ventilation system in a tent is a lifesaver during camping in hot weather. The airflow through the tent is what saves you from the heat strokes. Having a hot tent during the severe hot weather is nothing less than a hell-like experience. Make sure that there are doors and windows for the air to move in and out. In addition, in some upgraded tents there are usually small pores at the bottom of the tent that allows the cold air to enter into the tent and forces the hot air to leave the tent through the upper portion of the tent. Sounds reliable, right?
Windows and Doors: As mentioned in our previous point, a tent with a lot of air passing space is a must. To enable this you will need to ensure that you have as many doors and windows as you can. Two doors are perfectly suited for the better ventilation of air. Just keep the doors and windows open for better airflow so that you don’t suffocate to death. We don’t want that to happen!
Mesh Layer: Mesh layer or screen is typically made up of Vinyl coated polyester. This material is very light weighted, breathable, and strong- all the features that you will require in a tent meant for hot weather. So what is the function of a mesh screen, you ask? Well, they act as door and window covers. In most camping sites there are a huge amount of bugs that you surely don’t want to crawl around with inside the tent. Therefore, they act as a bug protector keeping them away from you without hampering the flow of air through the windows. The mesh is usually placed between the air fly and the tent itself with the aid of magnets inside and outside of the tent.
Removable Rainfly: Well, if you are thinking that rainfly isn’t necessary for summer so you should buy a tent without a rainfly then think again! There is still the probability of raining even during the hottest weather. But the rainfly might disturb the airflow into the tent. In order, for the optimum usage of the rainfly, you should choose one which is easily removable so that you can use it if it starts raining all of a sudden.
Groundsheet: The groundsheet doesn’t only save you from the damp ground during rainy weather camping, it also provides you with comfort while camping in hot weather. If insulates the tent, therefore, the hot heat wave can’t enter into the tent through the ground and thus keeps the tent cool. Moreover, there can be bugs in the ground which you don’t want crawling all over you, so you should use the groundsheet. It can either be built-in with the tent or you might have to buy it as an additional component.
Color: We all are somewhat familiar with the fact that darker colors absorb more light and lighter colors reflect more light. On that basis, we usually dress up in lighter colored clothes during summer, same goes for the tents. We recommend you to buy tents that are lighter in color like yellow or orange. These colors will allow the sunlight to be reflected keeping the tent cool during the day. Moreover, during the light, it will not absorb much of the heat keeping you cool during the most desired sleep after a long day of adventures amidst the wilderness. If you don’t want to feel like a piece of burnt toast after waking up then we suggest you avoid dark colors.
Size: The size of the tent doesn’t always depend upon the number of people who are planning to camp in a tent together, it also depends upon comfort. If you buy a small tent, it is most likely for you to feel clustered together in a small area, eventually building up heat inside the tent. During hot weather, this is something that you surely want to avoid. So, choose a big tent which will allow the air to flow freely throughout the tent and allow you to move without any problems. Tents with a large surface area tend to be a better option for hot weather.
Weight: The weight of the tent is something that we always suggest you look after while purchasing a tent. During the hot weather, you won’t want to carry a huge burden on your load to make you sweat. If you are a professional camper who’s always on the go then light-weighted tents are what you need but if you are an occasional camper then heavily weighted tents that are made up of canvas or cotton fabric seems like a better option although it might turn out to be heavy on your wallet.
After going through our list of features that you need to keep in mind while buying a tent nothing should stop you from the ultimate summer camping experience!
1. Is rainfly necessary for camping during hot weather?
Answer: It is necessary to keep a rainfly with you even while camping during hot weather because in addition to shielding you from rain, rainfly also works as a sunshade.
2. Do I need a ground cover?
Answer: Ground cover will provide extra comfort, and will ensure that the cool air doesn’t escape through the ground and that the heated ground doesn’t interfere with your peace.
3. How to keep my tent cool in hot weather?
Answer: There are several ways to do keep your tent cool in hot weather. You can set up your tent under the shade, open up all the doors and windows for the airflow and when not using the tent you might pack it up so that the heat doesn’t eventually build up in the tent.
4. Should I buy a four-season tent for optimum use?
Answer: If you are planning to use a tent for camping during hot weather then you should not buy a four-season tent. This is because it is meant for use during winter as well so it’s not perfect for summer usage. A three-season tent is the best option to go for.
5. What color is best for tents during hot weather?
Answer: Light colors like orange or yellow are great for tents during hot weather.
Shout out to all the campers who are planning to spend on a summer tent lately as we’ve crafted this entire article just to make their errand easier. As you start reading our article you’ll see we’ve rounded up the comparatively best tents for hot weather, keeping in mind a variety of features to help you get exactly what you’re looking for. With all the options we’ve ranked, we added detailed specs so that you don’t miss out on any necessary details. For your further assistance, we’ve also shed light on some essential features that you need to check to get the best model within your range. So, now what are you waiting for? Hurry up and secure your summer fun by picking a model right now.
Pavel is a true outdoor enthusiast with a passion for nature and a love for the great outdoors. He started Outdoor Fun Mag to introduce people from all walks of life to everything the outdoors has to offer and hopes that you’ll find something that excites you every time you stop by.
When not exploring nature Pavel works as an Electronics Engineer — a job that gets him thinking and makes sure he pays attention to all those fine details. This means that when he leaves work for the week, there’s no better contrast than the calmness and serenity of the natural world. By giving Pavel the chance to switch off and relax, his time spent camping and hiking allows him to feel refreshed.
In the future, Pavel plans to explore new areas and corners of the world with nothing more than a backpack and a tent. It’s an authentic way of seeing new places that allow him to de-stress and enjoy life, and he wants you to make the most of your life too.